Call for Papers and Proposals
Interested in contributing to UCT 2011's Educational Tracks in Houston, TX, from Jan. 25-27?
UCT will be the largest underground infrastructure event (trenchless and conventional) of 2011. Regarded as the most comprehensive and beneficial industry event, the Educational Program of the annual UCT Conference & Exhibition has become the benchmark program for the underground utilities construction
and rehabilitation market.
The program is an interactive forum for industry personnel to share perspectives, present ideas and explore issues.
- Most sessions will be approximately 20 minutes for presentation, 5 minutes for questions and answers. Longer presentations with multiple presenters will be considered for up to 45 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of Q&A.
- Topics covering the piping infrastructure from the sewer, water, gas distribution and electric markets will be considered.
- Presentations must be generic. Company logos are allowed only on the opening and closing slides.
- Proposals from contractors, utilities and engineers are preferred. Proposals from
- vendors/manufacturers will be considered but for credibility, presentations should include contractors, utilities and engineers.
Among the possible program tracks are:
- Sewer and water construction and rehabilitation;
- gas construction and rehab;
- trends and market outlooks;
- horizontal directional drilling operations and issues;
- asset management; underground equipment/issues/trends;
- quality assured/quality control; and
Areas to be covered include (but are not limited to):
1) Case histories and project presentations;
2) Enhancements of current construction and rehabilitation equipment/methods;
3) Effective or new concepts for construction and rehab equipment/methods;
4) Emerging industry trends, issues and concerns;
5) Damage prevention, subsurface utility engineering and safety;
6) Risk assessment;
7) Quantifying social costs and impacts;
8) Buried asset management; and
9) Other areas of importance